Saturday, March 26, 2011

Unbelievable!

So if you watch my channel, you may have seen my latest video about the teen sensation Rebecca Black.



I kind of rushed that video and I don't feel like I got to say everything that I wanted to say about it so I'm going to go through in fine detail now, how I feel about it etc.
Many of you have probably seen this video, if you haven't, take a look :)



So this song was released about 2 weeks ago i think and since then people have been talking about it non stop! It's trended on Twitter, got an amazing amount of attention on Youtube, as I am typing this the current figures are..
Views: 49,269,831
Likes: 93,064
Dislikes: 782,429
Comments: 645,529
And by the time I have published this blog those figures will have risen by hundreds, possibly thousands!
Ok so here goes my indepth opinions, thoughts, feelings and so on.
Firstly, I think Rebecca is gorgeous, she's only 13/14 and when I first saw the video she looked way older! On her interview that I mentioned in my video, her actual singing voice sounded amazing, it's a completely different voice to the one you hear in 'Friday'. In the song, her voice has been auto tuned...obviously and it does sound pretty annoying and nasaly (that spelling doesn't look right!) So I can understand why this song annoys people so much.
Also the lyrics are kind of, well, stupid to be honest. Like the explanation of the days of the week, please, as if we didn't already know. But this song was just made for fun! Apparently Rebecca didn't write these lyrics, so why is she getting all the blame?
This is just a fun song for a 13 year old girl who loves to sing? What is the big deal?! The amount of hate this song and Rebecca are receiving is out of this world! People saying she should kill herself, become anorexic to make herself prettier?? I mean come on, in the past hour there have been comments saying that Rebecca has commited suicide, I highly doubt these rumours are true, and what kind of sick individual would make this shit up?? The poor girl is only 13 for gods sake, if people were saying that stuff to me when I was 13 I don't know what I would have done, I would be depressed at the least, I really hope Rebecca is ignoring these stupid people. She is young, she is at the age where she is unsure about who she is, she is probably insecure, like most girls that age and I must say that I admire her for the single reason that she is able to cope with all these horrible comments. It's perfectly ok for someone to say they hate the song, dislike her voice, whatever but wishing death on an innocent 13 year old girl is so low...
Anyway! The video..So Rebecca wakes up at 7 a.m she's gotta get fresh gotta go downstairs...and after she does this she goes to the bus stop but she doesn't need to get the bus because her friends pull up in their convertable. Ok so people are freaking out because 'These kids are like 12 how can they drive'..'omg they have no seat belts on that's such a bad influence!' For real? GET THE F*CK OVER IT!! It's a music video! Are you seriously freaking out over something that's not even real? People who are old enough to drive, generally understand that you must wear a seat belt at all times when you're driving, and they're not going to not wear one just because they saw Rebecca Black not wearing one!!
Another thing people are freaking out/annoyed about is the line in the song 'which seat can I take?' while there is only one seat available in the car? Who cares? the line probably has a different meaning that we do not know about? Even if it doesn't..it's not a big deal! I mean yeah it is funny to joke about it, like these jokes on Facebook about how confused she would be if she got on the bus or whatever but calling her stupid is just...immature, again, it's just a bit of fun!
Then later on in the video, a rapper appears in a car and does a short rap about switching lanes, school buses..whatever and he is obviously significantly older than Rebecca, but who cares? To some people it may seem weird and pervy but it depends on how dirty your mind is!
I do have to say though...I hope this rapper wasn't planning on having a rap career because he definitely won't be successful after the amount of hate this song has received :L
So that's basically all I have to say, if you don't like this song, don't listen to it! And congratulations to Rebecca on making so much money and becoming one of the most talked about people ever! And singing the catchiest song that I have heard in my whole 19 years of living!
Subscribe to me on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment