Wednesday, September 7, 2011

DEBUTANTE SEASON

Debs season in Ireland is well and truely under way. My debs was on the 8th September 2010, so almost a year ago. I thought I would do a quick post on my experience and some tips to make sure your debs goes well for you.

I did everything myself, my own hair, makeup, tan etc here's a quick rundown:

Hair: Disaster. I thought my extensions were longer than they really were, and when I curled them, they were way too short, so I was really unhappy with my hair on the night. I basically curled it with my GHD and teased it A LOT. I wore a hairband that I bought in Pennys for about €1:50.

Makeup: I used a Rimmel foundation, and Urban Decay Eyeshadows. I wore the Girls Aloud Party Lashes, I think they were the Nadine ones, they didn't make that much of a difference to my lashes though so I would not recommend them. I also used a bronzer from Pennys and I can't remember what I wore on my lips.

Nails: False Press On's from Pennys were about €2 and they had a really cute butterfly design on them.

Tan: 2 coats of St. Moriz & some Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in Deep Glow.

Dress: Bought on a website that can be accessed through Ebay. It's called Dresselicious and it's Irish, all the dresses are really affordable, I think mine was about €70. I would recommend buying a dress online as there will be a lower chance of someone having the same one as you.

Shoes: Bought from a small local shop for €40.

Bag: Borrowed from one of my best friends, from Pennys so it can't have been too expensive!

Accessories: All from Pennys.

Some photos:













Remember:

- Don't worry about your dress, it's going to get destroyed anyway.
- Avoid unnecessary drama, no one wants that!
- Drink as much as you want.....but try to avoid throwing up...
- Take LOTS of photos.
- Remember your friends are more important than your date!
- Don't let ANYONE or ANYTHING ruin your night :)

Hope you enjoy! And you've already celebrated, I'd love to know how it went :)

xo Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment