Wednesday, December 14, 2011

And The Winner Is.....LITTLE MIX!!

So I know this post is a few days late but how EXCITING is it that Little Mix are the winners of X Factor UK 2011!!

I love these girls so much, when I saw them perform together for the first time in judges houses I was kinda like...what the fuck is this? With their mis-matching outfits and just complete diversity from each other. But over time, throughout the series, I fell in love with them, everything about them, they are amazing! They're so different from everything else that's out there at the moment, and they're so REAL! I love how they're all so close and love each other so much, it's clear that it's not for the cameras and for votes, they really are very close.

And then there's Tulisa. Who I HATED for the longest time. When she started out in NDubz..I couldn't believe what I was seeing, she could clearly sing, but she just looked so rough and unappealing. When I saw that she was on the judging panel for this years X Factor I was shocked...I thought to myself 'are they for real' but I was SO wrong. She really blossomed into a gorgeous, inspiring, classy woman throughout the series, and she was so dedicated to all of her acts. It was disappointing to see Nu Vibe and The Risk go so early in the competition but it turned out to be a good thing, as Tulisa got the opportunity to put so much work into her masterpiece that is Little Mix.

The first time I realized that I was totally in love with Little Mix was when they performed 'Don't Let Go' by En Vogue. This is one of my favourite songs of all time and they sang it brilliantly, they had the ultimate girl power during that performance, from the vocals to the outfits, it was spectacular. I even voted for the first time ever!




I was delighted to see them perform it again in the final, it definitely was their performance of the season!

I don't know if I was surprised to see them win or not, I'm just delighted that they did win. I feel terrible for poor Marcus though, he is fabulous, I really like his voice but I wasn't the biggest fan of his performances, but that's just because it's not my style, he was still brilliant every week and he really deserved to be in the final. He's gorgeous and his accent is adorable, I love how he's so happy and cheerful all the time I have never seen him without a smile. He will go far I hope :)

I'm over the moon for Little Mix and Tulisa. The moment they were announced winners was so emotional. It's obvious by their reactions how little they expected it and how much they appreciate it. I really hope they are the new Spice Girls, we need something like that right now! Even though the Spice Girls are irreplacable to me *cheeese*


In relation to the Winners single, honestly I preferred Marcus' version, there was more emotion and it just suited him better. Little Mix did do a great cover though.

However, I just don't think this is a song that can be covered. It only sounds right from Damien Rice, it's a classic. I don't think it should have been chosen as the winners single and I don't feel it's right to commercialize this song, but if it helps Damiens' career I suppose it's a good thing for Ireland ;)
I'm going to put Damiens' version here because to me, it will always be HIS song.



Aaah that song always makes me teary!

Anyway I'm sorry if you're not an X Factor fan, this is just a once off...until next year anyway!
Highlight of this series ENDING? Not having to hear Gary say 'Hangggg On'...sweet jesus sooo annoying!

Hope to hear more from Little Mix soon!

Leslie xo

2 comments:

  1. In relation to the Winners single, honestly I preferred Marcus' version, there was more emotion and it just suited him better.

    android developer UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't think this is a song that can be covered. It only sounds right from Damien Rice, it's a classic.

    Micluther

    ReplyDelete