Saturday, December 24, 2011

Holly Jolly Christmas Tag!

Heyyyyy blog lovers :)

I was tagged by Jenmurphyxx8 on YouTube to do the Holly Jolly Christmas tag but unfortunately I haven't had the time to film so I decided to do in in a blog post...obviously ;)

I don't feel very Christmassy at the moment which is upsetting, I'm not hearing many Christmas songs and seeing many lights even though my house is all done up and it's really pretty! I suppose I haven't really been out shopping really! I just feel like it will be over before I know it, which is upsetting :(

Anyway..let's get down to business!

1. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I haven't watched a Christmas movie in years but I'd say The Santa Clause was my favourite when I was younger!

2. Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?
Bit of both I'd say! More on the Nice list :)

3. Show us an embarrassing Christmas Card photo! (WE KNOW YOU HAVE ONE OK)
I don't! Really! My parents never did that shit, thank god!

4. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Yes! Last year and possibly the year before..and there were one or two when I was a kid too :)

5. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At home in my house. Usually we get up and open presents, we used to go to my Nana's house but she's in a nursing home now :( I miss that :(, now we go to my aunts house (Dad's sister) and spend some time with her and my other aunt and my cousins and second cousins, then we go back home and have dinner with my other aunt on my Mom's side and her family :) It used to be my Dad's two sisters came for dinner but now they go to my cousins house. They usually come over after dinner.

6.Play or Sing your favorite Christmas Song!
I can't now cos this isn't a video...I probably wouldn't even if it was to save myself the embarrassment :D I love 'Last Christmas' by Wham and of course 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' by Mariah Carey, but like Jen, my favourite has to be 'Fairytale of New York' by the Pogues:



7. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No! Never, I like to have as many presents as possible to open on Christmas Day, I like to save them so the excitement is almost unbearable :P

8. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
I'm not going to be a snake and Google it, I really can't! The most I can think of are: Rudolf, Dancer, Prancer, Cupid, Comet, Vixen, Blitzen? (That could be totally made up!) I think I did fairly well!

9. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?
Christmas dinner!!! Mmmm my parents are fantastic chefs! And Being around family! And on Christmas Eve when me and my Dad and brother go shopping and then to the pub after and my Mom and aunt meet us there and then I go to another pub with my best friends! So much to look forward to!

10. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
We usually just have a fake one but my Mom just decided to get a real one this year! I looove it, it smells gorgeous and looks way better!

11. Hands down, what's your all-time favorite holiday food and holiday sweet treat?
My Dad's potato stuffing for sure! And my dad puts butter and thyme on the carrots at Christmas it's unbelievable! In terms of chocolate etc I love Snowballs! They have to be the really gooey creamy ones though!

12. Be Honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I love receiving presents, just like everyone else but being completely honest, I prefer giving them because I feel so good about myself, I feel generous and I absolutely love seeing people happy with what I got them! The only thing is though I'd love to have more money to spend on my parents!

13. Show us your tackiest Christmas attire (ex: Ugly Sweater)
I really honestly don't have anything! All I have is a Santa Hat which used to light up, not the most exciting!

14. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I would hate to not be at home in Cork for the Christmas season! It's our tradition and I would be really upset not to be at home on Christmas!

15. Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to help make?
Not really, my dad makes his stuffing and carrots like I mentioned but I don't help to make it.

16. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I wouldn't consider myself a pro, but I am really good at it! I love wrapping presents so much that it just makes me want to buy more and more just so I can keep wrapping!

17. Most memorable Holiday moment?
I have loads of Christmas memories, my parents have always spoiled me on Christmas day and I usually always got everything I asked for, I am so grateful for that! One year when I was like 5, the year my younger brother was born, I used to love playing house and I 'really wanted my own baby' so I could 'mind my baby' while my Mom minded my brother! I also had a strange obsession with microwaves and I asked Santa for one...(Weird right) When I went down to the living room on Christmas morning, there was a full size toy kitchen with a little microwave on top and there was a little 'high chair' at the back with a little doll sitting in it which I could use as my 'baby'! <3
Another memory I will never forget, we used to have a different tradition when my Granny was alive where all my cousins would come to her house and we would all have a huge dinner and open our presents from each other afterwards. I remember leaving dinner and going into the living room to find my brother and my cousin (they were about 2-3) and they were after opening all the presents! I was so upset over it, still haven't forgiven them...haha!

18. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I can't remember exactly how old I was but it was the usual way of someone in school finding out and it spread across the classroom, I don't think I was too upset about it.

19. Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them?
Yes I do!! I'm so bad for that! I make loads and I never stick to them, I love new beginnings so I always plan to change alot in the New Year, it never happens! this year, I plan to make more realistic ones, and stick to them!

20. What makes the Holidays special for you?
Being around my family and just being happy!

So that's it! Hope you enjoyed! I tag everyone Jen tagged :)

Happy Christmas everybody! Hope you have a fantastic few days!

Leslie xo




1 comment:

  1. Christmas brings the best holidays and spending times for all peoples.Its brings light and new years happiness that make the new start everywhere.


    Silverlight developers

    ReplyDelete