Monday, April 16, 2012

Feelings & Gratitude...

I was talking to a really close friend on Facebook chat earlier on tonight, I haven't seen her in a long time so as you can imagine, we had a lot of catching up to do. During our conversation, she mentioned that she had been watching my recent Youtube videos and she told me she thinks I have become a lot more confident. Now that I think about it, she's right.

Many of you only know me from what you see on the internet. I've always been a very shy and introverted person, sometimes I find it hard to talk to people, I used to be a lot worse. What bugs me is how shyness can be misinterpreted as bitchiness or sometimes people can even think you are stuck up, which is the polar opposite of myself.

When I'm around people I'm comfortable with, there's no shutting me up, I'm crazy, I could say anything & I have no shame at all. But when I'm around people I'm not so comfortable with, I'm a lot quieter. But in the past year, that has changed a lot and I think I owe that to Youtube.

The reason I started making videos, was because I had watched other people, & I just thought to myself, these are the type of people I can relate to. I have amazing friends, and of course they are interested in makeup & hair etc but not to the extent that I am, & how others on Youtube are. Well, that's the way it was. But since I started posting videos, they watch them and now we talk about the things I am interested in a lot more than before.

I don't feel so shy anymore, I feel a lot more confident, it does sound cheesy I have to admit. Now I find it a bit easier to talk to new people, I feel as if I was going for a job interview, I would be a lot less nervous, when I think of how many people watch my videos online.

What I love about Youtube is how it's a community. In everyday life, there is a lot of bitchiness and cattiness, women hate eachother. But on Youtube it's more like women celebrating eachother, sharing advice to help eachother look and feel their best. Now of course there is a lot of hate and ignorant comments, but the positive comments and nice people just completely throw the negativity into the dark. What I have learnt from Youtube, is how many nice people there actually are when you know where to find them!

All the girls I have talked to on Youtube, don't seem judgemental in the slightest, which is a great change from everyday life, where people judge you all the time over the most stupid things.

I just want to say to all the lovely beauty girls on Youtube, keep doing what you're doing, in particular, the Irish girls. You are all so talented and inspiring and I love watching your videos and reading your blogs and at the meet up, you were all just as nice as I imagined you to be!
And my subscribers/followers who don't make videos, ye are the best!! Without yer helpful, positive and supportive comments I would probably still be as self concious and shy as I was before Youtube!

Anyone who is considering starting a blog or making a Youtube channel, I say go for it, you have nothing to lose and loads to gain! #YOLO ;)

Leslie x




1 comment: